Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park has entertained millions since its inception in 1955. In the early 1950’s J.B. “Brandy” Siebenaler, a well-respected marine researcher and graduate of the University of Miami’s Marine Laboratory, had a vision to display marine life in a way that visitors to this area had never seen before. Brandy sold the developers of northwest Florida the idea that Fort Walton Beach needed an aquarium, a tourist attraction and scientific research center.
In early 1954, the Gulfarium was incorporated by fifteen scientists at the University of Miami and fifty local residents. Today, many of the stockholders at the Gulfarium are the same, or their heirs, as they were back then.