The Custodial position is responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment for our guests and employees. This position will ensure that all areas of the park are sanitary and clean in appearance. Areas would include bathrooms, parking lot, guest areas etc. This position works with Guest Services and Maintenance staff to troubleshoot and quickly provide solutions to problems as they arise.
- Performs general, routine custodial duties, to include dusting, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and restocking paper and soap supplies.
- Performs routine maintenance to custodial equipment and supplies.
- Empties trash receptacles, disposes trash into dumpsters, and bags trash for proper disposal.
- Unlocks doors, ensuring doors are locked after cleaning areas.
- Reports needs and concerns to appropriate staff, which may include submitting or recommending work orders and checking supply levels.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Performs cleaning functions specific to the assigned facilities and/or based on seasonal/project requirements.
- May provide vendors with access to areas and may answer basic questions. May report issues with vendors to the supervisor.
- May assist or perform minor maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs, adjusting furniture, or other similar activities.
- Interface effectively with other departments to maintain the highest quality standards.
- Follow and maintain all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as workload necessitates or as assigned.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior staff.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the physical ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must have the physical ability to work in difficult and confined areas and perform required duties as assigned, which include standing for long periods of time, working outside in all types of weather conditions, kneeling, bending, lifting and squatting down.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, and holidays.
Preferred, but not Required:
- Basic knowledge of hand tools.
- Basic knowledge of power tools.