Maintenance Technician I (full-time)
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment for our animals, guests, and employees. This position performs routine and scheduled maintenance of exhibits, equipment, tools and overall grounds of the Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park. This position works closely with senior Maintenance staff and other departments to troubleshoot and quickly provide solutions to problems as they arise.
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
- Plans repair work using the appropriate documentation or equipment manuals as needed.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and light construction.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems.
- Use work order software to document and communicate necessary information.
- Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities.
- Interface effectively with other departments to maintain the highest quality standards.
- Follow and maintain all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as workload necessitates or as assigned.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior staff.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have a basic knowledge of hand tools.
- Must have a basic knowledge of power tools.
- Must have basic woodworking skills.
- Must have basic plumbing skills.
- Must have basic electrical skills.
- Must have the physical ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must have the physical ability to work in difficult and confined areas and perform required duties as assigned, which include standing for long periods of time, working outside in all types of weather conditions, kneeling, bending, lifting and squatting down.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.